Kailashnath Mahadev Statue

Friday, March 17, 2023

At 143 feet tall, this Shiva statue is the second tallest Shiva statue in the world. It is made of copper, zinc, concrete, and steel. The statue overlooks Kathmandu. 



The walk to the Shiva statue instilled major anxiety in me. But...this is a time to conquer my fear of height. 


The suspension bridge is only a year or so old. It was surprisingly sturdy with only a minimal amount of sway. (Until crazy kids starting jumping on it!) I made it across with very little nausea and sweating. 

The statue was beautiful to behold and many Hindus were there saying prayers. The return trip I was much more confident and walked without any concern. 





The successful trek deserved a Ghorka Super!


Dinner was relaxing with a view of Dhulikhel. The food has been interesting and I have embraced the cuisine. Very little stomach distress thanks to daily Pepto Bismol. 




Unfortunately, I am having trouble embracing the toilet facilities......Rule #1 always travel with toilet paper!


The end of a perfect day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kali Temple (1000 Steps)

Temple Tour Kathmandu

Maternity Ward Visit